Maintaining your website promotes good SEO. As we all know SEO refers to Search Engine Optimization. Google, the ultimate search engine does not appreciate a poorly maintained website. Your website visitors don’t appreciate a poorly maintained website either. Therefore, maintaining your website is critical to it’s success.
Maintaining Your Website Is A Must Do!
- SSL Certificates alert Google and your website visitors that your website is certified as a safe website and poses no threats to your computer. Installing an SSL Certificate will boost your search engine rankings. If you don’t have one make sure to obtain one soon! They are mildly priced and worth the investment.
- Run a Backup of your entire website often. Daily is recommended. This protects against any malware attacks. Store Backups Off-Site remotely and in a secure location.
- Have a security strategy with firewall in place.
- Fix all broken images, links, and videos as soon as detected. Google does not like anything to remain broken. Neither do your website visitors.
- Punctuation and spelling errors should be fixed as soon as notified. Google does not like these grammar errors. Neither do your website visitors.
- Software updates should be made right after you run a website backup. This way, if severe damage is encountered from the update you can revert to your back up. That back up can save many hours of work.
Maintaining your website is important for many reasons. Giving your website visitors a high quality experience is certainly one of the more important reasons. They will come back if their experience is worth while. After all, don’t you want your website visitors to return? I do! If they return we all have an opportunity to engage with them and collect an email address or begin a business relationship. At the very least, have pride in your website. Make it as good as it can possibly be. Improve upon the content, structure, and navigation whenever possible.
Maintaining your website is just as necessary as maintaining your health. It is just as necessary as maintaining your vehicle. And it is just as necessary as maintaining your house. Take care of it and it will take care of you and your business.
Provide a good “user experience”, not only will your website visitors appreciate your improvements, so will Google. And that is something to strive for. Maintaining your website is the right thing to do. It will make your business more successful as well. So, get started! If you need help with your website maintenance, give us a call.
Leave a Reply