Free Websites are available online. An online search for Free Websites will produce many results. You will find companies like Wix, Weebly, and WebBuilder. These just scratch the surface for businesses that offer a Free Website. The DIY (Do It Yourself) concept of a Free Website is interesting to some folks. It is also too challenging for many others.
Are Free Websites Worthwhile?
- They are not really Free! You must pay monthly fees to keep this DIY website online and visible.
- The Free Domain that they offer can be really bad , because you don’t control it or own it! When you get fed up and leave, the Domain stays behind or may require a fee to take it with you! Ouch!! All that branding and name building goes away. It is how they keep you. They won’t tell you this information when you sign up.
- The design and graphics are not yours. You can not move your Free website to another hosting company. They belong to the Host. Therefore, you are actually renting your website.
- You can not fully Optimize your Free website for SEO.
- Many of your competitors may choose the same look as yours.
- Finally, successful businesses use custom websites tailored to their specific needs.
The DIY web builders may be a good starting point for a new business. In time you will most likely outgrow it and need more customization. You can start with one of these services, however, get out on your own as soon as you can afford the investment. Starting with a landing page can be a cost effective solution, if you must. Grow your website and business each month and before you know it you will have something to be proud of. Shop around and find a Website Developer that will start you off with a landing page. Then as your cash flow grows add another page. Remember that a landing page can be very long in nature. You just scroll down for more room. You won’t want to scroll deep forever, so get that second and third page relatively soon.
These DIY Website folks actually are Website Rental Agencies. You don’t own it and can’t take it with you. Just like your apartment when you were in college. You graduated and left your college home behind! Contact Us to discuss what may be a good option for you!
Leave a Reply