Marketing your website is essential for it to be successful. There are many things you can do or have done, when considering the process of marketing your website. Selecting a domain name is the first step in marketing your website. Choose a domain name that somewhat describes your type of business. If you are a realtor, dentist, electrician, or auto mechanic, use those keywords or variations of those keywords in your domain name if possible. If you were doing an internet search for your business what keywords would you use in that search? Are those keywords or variations of those keywords within your domain name? If they are you have a distinct advantage over companies that don’t use those keywords.
Most informed people search for what they need and where they need it. A typical search for me may look like this; “sushi bar Houston” or “piano lessons Miami” or “lawn care Phoenix”. This type of search tells search engines, what I am looking for and where I am looking for it. If your industry type is within your domain name you are ahead of most of your competition.
Tips For Marketing Your Website:
- Select a domain name with value as previously discussed.
- Website Hosting is important. Select a Website host that has maximum uptime. If your website is down it can not be viewed or visited and that has no value for you. Uptime is critical to marketing your website.
- Maintain the health of your website. Links, pictures, forms, and videos can all break from time to time. Make sure that someone is monitoring your website to repair these breaks when they happen.
- Protect your website from hackers, malware, and virus’. A damaged website is a non-functional website and that is not good marketing. If a visitor comes to your website and it doesn’t function properly, what is he or she to think about your business. So, don’t forget the security of your website.
- Social Media is everywhere. There are virtually hundreds of platforms and people are engaged constantly. Just watch them when you are out anywhere. Pick two or three platforms and make some posts. FaceBook, Google Plus+, LinkedIn, and Pinterest are just a few of the more popular social media platforms. Talk about your business or a business activity and occasionally include a link back to your website. Be consistent here, and post several times a week. That’s right, several (3-4) times a week.
- Blogs are a wonderful way to engage your audience. Use the blog to inform, inspire, or entertain your visitors. Don’t try to sell them anything! You will chase them away . . . trust me on this one! If your blog is interesting they will return. Returning website visitors can only help your business.
- Email is still the most successful form of internet communication. Don’t ignore the potential to attract visitors to your website by using this tool. Platforms such as Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, and Aweber make it easy to use email campaigns and manage them as well.
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization is very important in our digital world. It is also something you need to understand relative to marketing your website. SEO can make all the difference in marketing your website. Websites that are optimized rank better with Search Engines. Ranking better is good!
- Internet Advertising is certainly another tool available for marketing your website. It is very affordable and you can develop a program to meet nearly any budget.
Well, there you have it . . . . a handful of things that will help in marketing your website. If you have a website you might as well have one that has visitors. Effective marketing will attract website visitors.Visitors are potential clients and customers, and I know that they are good for your business. Let me know what you think or contact me if you have any comments or questions.