“Features and Benefits” is a term given to describe products and services to interested people. This happens during nearly every sales process. The Features may sound cool and sexy, however, it is important to remember that people buy benefits. So, don’t forget to convey the benefits of all the features that you point out during a sales presentation. Only then will features and benefits become a useful tool.
Features and Benefits Need Each Other;
- I have a wireless keyboard and mouse for my desktop computer. What is the benefit? One benefit is that unsightly cords are not strewn all over my desk. Another benefit is that I have the flexibility to place my keyboard and mouse anywhere I wish and not worry about the cord being long enough.
- My shower head has six different settings. What is the benefit? Each setting provides a different water flow to suit different needs or desires for different users. Pulsating for a water massage, gentle for washing a baby or child, high pressure for intensity, and so on!
- Smart Phones can download apps from the App Store. What is the benefit? Smart phone owners can now add specific applications that they want or need, and customize their smart phone to their preferences.
- Many websites accept credit cards. What is the benefit? Convenience! The website owners get paid immediately rather than sending an invoice for a sale. Buyers don’t have to go out to purchase something since online sales are available.
- Website Design and Development Services. What is the benefit? Providing an online presence for your company for potential clients and customers that need your product or service. Over 80% of people search online before buying a product or service. Having an online presence allows your company to be found.
- Professional Website Management Services. What is the benefit? Allowing you, the business owner to have more time to work on your business and not in your business. A trained professional knows the ins and outs and what is needed to perform at its best.
Most everything has features and benefits. Try to understand that benefits are of interest to people. Features need benefits to have importance. Don’t assume that people know the benefits that a feature may provide. Represent your products and services by sharing the benefits. Always remember that people BUY benefits! Market your business, products and services highlighting the benefits. If we can be of service, contact us here.