Email campaigns are very effective tools to create excitement about your business. Business owners today are faced with the reality of having to be knowledgeable. They should have a presence in some social media, Social media is all about your visibility. This can seem impossible for small business owners. Most just don’t have the time to tackle marketing online while running a business.
We have all been faced with random emails in our inbox. Some we never open. Some we open and delete without reading them. Can you recall one email that grabbed your attention? Maybe, but you are not sure. They are certainly rare. This is why we are sharing the top 10 tips for an outstanding email marketing campaign.
If you are unaware of email campaigns, they can be very beneficial to all sorts of businesses. Not just businesses that sell products. For an email campaign to work you need a customer base to send the emails to. Start with your current clientele whose information you should already have. Ask new clientele to provide their information. Then have an area on your website which asks people to sign up for your newsletter or discounts. Once you have this then you can start developing the right message to send.
Email Marketing Campaign Tips:
- Have an irresistible subject line – Something that grabs the attention right off the bat and makes me want to open the email to see whats inside. Discounts (50-75% off) can usually do the trick.
- Ensure the email content is relevant to your target audience – If you are selling women’s clothing, men are not going to be interested.
- Consistent branded look and feel – Maintaining a similar look throughout your website, brochures, business cards, social media, and yes your email campaign is essential. This tells people what your brand is and that your company stands by your products or services throughout your marketing.
- Add to Safe List option – Give customers a chance to tell you that they want to receive promotional emails from you, by giving them the option to add you to their safe list.
- Confirmation opt-in and customer details – Having a section or area that asks the customers to fill out more personal information such as interests and birthdays can help you with future campaigns. However you need to entice them with something like “Receive a 50% coupon on your next purchase when you complete this form”
- Clear call to action – Whether it is Play Now or Buy Now, having a single call-to-action email works by guiding the customer to the intended destination without other distractions.
- Use automated triggers – Automated encouragements for your customers to look at something that is similar to their previous purchases could help grab their attention for yet another purchase.
- Create an incentive for customer engagement – No matter how beautifully worded or designed an email is, customers will not engage if there is no incentive or directive. For example, If you don’t provide them with a discount or coupon then why would they purchase online right then? Even if you had a type of exercise or trivia question regarding movies or books that they could engage in and break away from the monotony of online shopping.
- Refer a friend – Provide customers with an option to share news about your brand with friends. Customer referrals are a powerful testimony to leverage on.
- Campaign deadlines – Ensure that the customer has a sufficient length of time to take action on the promo offered in the campaign, but a short enough deadline that they have to take action quickly. For instance, “Purchase by the 25th to have item delivered by Mothers Day”.
Email Campaigns can be successful if done right. Click here for a better look at our products and services. Select Marketing can take the frustration out of marketing by handling everything for you. This allows you to do what you do best… Run your business.