Mobile Friendly Websites or Mobile Responsive Websites are REQUIRED within the Google Algorithm. Their algorithm is relevant and should to be respected. Some of the major changes in Googles’ Algorithm effect how people search and how websites rank.
- In 2015 Google’s mobile-first indexing was introduced, utilizing the mobile version of the website for indexing and ranking. Giving Mobile Responsive Websites a ranking advantage in Google’s mobile search results.
- The Possum update came in 2016 with Google’s local ranking filter to further improve local search.
- Mobile Speed Update in 2018 made page speed a ranking factor for mobile searches.
- 2019 came BERT which was a big improvement in interpreting a search query and its intent.
- Page Experience Update in 2021 measuring a good user experience, focusing on loading, interactivity, and visual stability. Also, mobile-friendliness, HTTPS, and easily accessible.
Mobile Websites for Internet Searches
The amount of internet searches made by tablets and smart phones is constantly growing. More than 60% of internet searches are done from mobile devices. More than 80% of Social Network activity is on mobile devices. The US National monthly average for all mobile internet searches is approaching 70%.
Mobile-friendly websites boost sales and conversions because of easy accessibility. A potential customer knowing that a website is mobile-friendly allows them to interact and engage across all devices. Your business will be seen as modern and relevant.
A mobile-friendly website helps you build credibility. It is becoming the standard. Users have begun to expect this functionality when browsing on their mobile devices. This makes customers happy when they have a good experience.
Websites that are not mobile-friendly will quickly fall by the wayside due to the fast-evolving digital landscape. More websites will emerge that are mobile-friendly. This pushes those websites that are not mobile-friendly further down in the search results page. This also pushes them away from potential customers. That’s certainly is not what you should want!
I think you can clearly see the advantages of having a Mobile Friendly Website or exhibiting Mobile Responsiveness. Google makes these changes to their algorithm so their Internet Users have a better internet experience. That is an example of good customer service. You may not appreciate it, but Google’s mobile device users certainly will!
Contact your website developer to make certain your website is mobile-friendly so that Google will appreciate your site. If necessary, you may need a full re-design of your website. If you no longer have a web developer, contact us and we will be happy to lend a hand.
Updated August 2022