Layered marketing is the most effective method of marketing. When you implement layered marketing, many levels of marketing are employed. I grew up in the Mid-West on a farm, and in the Winter it gets really cold. I mean really cold! It was not uncommon in December, January, and February for the outside temperature to get anywhere from 10 degrees above to -10 degrees below zero. Okay, that’s cold, but what does that have to do with layered marketing? Working on the farm outside in the Winter, required keeping warm for long periods of time. My mother helped me keep warm by layering my clothes. My layered clothing for outside Winter looked something like this. A T-Shirt, a Flannel Shirt, a Sweater, a Sweat Shirt, and finally a Winter Work Coat. Guess what? Mom was right! I dressed in layers and kept warm even in extremely cold temperatures.
Layered Marketing Opportunities:
Successful marketing is almost always implemented in a layered method. Utilizing these different marketing layers helps create the interest that you desire. Interest in your products or interest in your services. Whatever marketing layers that you select for your business, consistency is the key.
- One marketing layer can include print materials such as; Brochures, Flyers, Catalogs, and Rack Cards to name a few. (No they are not dead)
- Involvement in networking groups can be another form of layered marketing. This also can include Chambers of Commerce and Civic Organizations.
- Advertising in all of it’s forms (Newspaper, Magazines, Yellow Pages, Bill Boards, Radio, Television, & Internet) is an important layer to use.
- Direct Mail and Door Hangers can be extremely successful and important.
- Social Media is our newest form of layered marketing which includes; FaceBook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, & YouTube, to name a few. They are important and effective considerations.
- Internet and Email Marketing are digital types of marketing.
- A Website is an incredibly important type of marketing. A website would be the most important type of marketing in today’s digital and global marketplace. Do you know anyone who doesn’t use the internet to find products and services that they may need? I don’t. Those people who are searching for products and services, find websites that are marketing the products and services that they are looking for.
With the use of Layered Marketing you expand your ability to reach your targeted audience. We all do different things every day. Things like this; we go to work and we we listen to the radio. We watch television and we read the newspaper. We check out a magazine and we notice a billboard. We also may do several internet searches. We may check out some websites. We may notice a few internet ads. And we may make a FaceBook post. Nearly everything we do each day, plays into someones marketing strategy as mentioned above. Take advantage of what we all do everyday when considering your marketing plan. Use the layered marketing technique. Not sure what’s best for your business, contact us for a complimentary consultation.